Today, we need our workspace to move with us. From bring-your-own-device (BYOD) environments to shared workstations, we want flexibility and productivity on any device. . The concerns that drive customers to consider desktop virtualization include: the need to provide or improve remote accessibility, the need to maintain strong security while supporting mobility, and the need to reduce the cost of providing desktop services. With solutions such as Cisco Virtualization Experience Infrastructure (VXI), IT teams can improve service delivery by combining desktop virtualization and comprehensive collaboration capabilities.
Desktop Virtualization built on Cisco VXI data center combined with VMware or Citrix software delivers an uncompromised desktop and application virtualization experience that is collaborative, mobile, and highly secure. The key benefits include:
- Simplified, streamlined desktop operations with fewer servers and cables to manage
- Secure, pervasive VM-aware networking and security for virtual desktops
- Scalable, predictable performance with uncompromised user experience
- Faster payback and ongoing savings with an optimized infrastructure and investment protection
- Open, industry-leading approach for resource efficiency and control
- The foundation for next-generation workspaces built on industry leading solutions