The new business collaboration workspace is a platform of communications and collaboration capabilities that can be delivered to every user, regardless of their location or device. There are four key attributes for the new business collaboration workspace today:
- Mobile: Users access the tools and information when and where they need them
- Social: Enterprise social software and collaborative platforms connect users
- Visual: The addition of video enhances communications
- Virtual: Deliver applications and data securely and reliably from clouds
Enable a Mobile Workforce
IT organizations increasingly support a broad range of smartphone and tablet devices. This new class of mobile devices comes equipped with all the capabilities necessary to enable business collaboration.
- Lower costs for corporate-purchased devices
- Significant IT cost savings realized from employees using their own devices
- Employee self-management of application deployment and maintenance
Bring Social Media to the Workplace
According to IDC, 57 percent of workers use social media for business collaboration at least once per week. Likewise, your customers have a choice of how to communicate with you directly or in public forums.
- Shift from hierarchical content management and one-way communication to community expertise and dynamic, decentralized interaction
- Social media monitoring allows proactive, real-time response and customer service
Make Video Pervasive
Video in business collaboration is recognized as a means to improve services and save costs. Conferencing options are much more accessible – all the way to desktop and mobile devices.
- New use cases include remote healthcare and banking, live customer service, virtual receptionists, and more
- New generations of customers and employees are natural adopters of video
Ride the Rise of Clouds
Clouds allow new flexibility in application and data delivery, while providing operational benefits without the capital expenses of on-premises environments.
- Security, performance, and reliability previously possible only with on-premises deployments
- Consistency of service across devices – anywhere, anytime
- Rapid deployment at scale, always-current applications, and self-serve procurement models